17 April 2007

Longterm Chart: Gold vs. Dollar


Click on the picture of the chart above to see it expand. This is a Long Term Japanese Candlestick chart showing you how Gold has fared against the US Dollar since the Federal Reserve started flying over the USA and dumping dollars from helicopters.
Unsavvy investors spend way too much time demeaning other people who advocate "hedging" their portfolios with gold. Those of us who buy gold and gold stocks as a hedge are derisively called "Gold Bugs". (If that's the best perjorative you call me, you don't even get my attention.)


I advocate purchasing real gold coins and purchasing select gold stocks.

Since 2003 I've been a buyer of gold. One of my core gold stocks, Goldcorp (NYSE: GG) is a double since purchasing 100 shares in 2003.


My American Gold Eagle Proof coins have more than doubled in value in two years time. These I bought directly from the US Mint in 2005 and 2006.

I use the above Japanese candlestick chart as a picture which updates monthly and tells how my gold is faring against the US Dollar. All I need to know is gold still on the upswing, going up that blue trendline you see on my chart? It's a very simple concept: gold is winning against the dollar? Buy gold. Gold breaks through its longterm trendline of support? Sell gold.

No comments:

Stat Counter from 10 Nov 08