23 November 2009

The Burned: "Where Are We Now?"

I discovered an uncredited song the other night at the end of Season 2, Episode 1 of Crash.

After a long Google search, I found the name of the singer/songwriter of the haunting piece of music was one, Kurt Baumann. I found him on a site for unsigned musicians called Band Camp.

The song which fit perfectly into the finale of the first episode of Season 2 of Crash was Baumann's "Where Are We Now?"

Kurt Baumann writes:

I wrote this song on a transformational journey down in the desert lands of Mexico. It was also featured on the season premier of "Crash" in October 2009.

(Note: The Burned is Baumann's band name. And his first album The Burned will release on Jan. 26, 2010.

Click this link to hear the first cut, "Where Are We Now".

lyrics to "Where Are We Now?"

I remember I’ve been here before
Some other time some other doorway in my mind
Straight back to you
The grass is never greener than it was before
I’ve seen her change her mind and blink her eye
Its still the same place
Oh Where are we now
Missing a few pieces to your broken hearted Jesus
May the shining light of reason guide us all
Inner voices outer choices opposites and Godly forces
All lead me back home to you
Oh where are we now
Far away
World wide
Heaven hides
I just don’t feel it anymore
It used to be here once before
But I just don’t feel it anymore
Oh where are we now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really Glad i found this blog.Added rocktrueblood.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Stat Counter from 10 Nov 08