20 July 2011

Under Ronald Reagan, Debt Ceiling Was Raised 18 Times And In His Own Words, Here Is Why

Maddow reads excerpts from Ronald Reagan's diary and plays an excerpt from one of his speeches giving multiple reasons why the debt ceiling had to be raised as it should be raised now. She then shows us clips and words from current Republican leaders who don't understand what a default will do to the world economy.

If you watch the first 30 seconds, you'll want to watch the whole thing:


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I normally do not watch MSNBC or any other government/corporation funded news program. Thank you for posting this video. I have been unemployed for a year or so. In the last year my 401K increased 15K because I am 100% stock invested. I watch my portfolio close. I had all my gains until August 2. On August 2, I lost $5000. I had already been saying for the two weeks prior that I was going to take out my 401k. I did not. I am trying to explain how the three ring circus and the late agreement along with no revenue increase, spooked Wall Street into manipulating the market. I absolutely believe this and I hope you can add comments to your blog or post a video or something. Thank you very much.

Stat Counter from 10 Nov 08